From Flavour…to Flavonoids: Phytochemistry and Pharmacology for herbalists
A two day webinar led by Dr Chris Etheridge PhD MCPP looking at Phytochemistry and Pharmacology for herbalists (from all traditions), herbal medicine students and those in the herbal medicine industry. The cost for both events is £120.00 (if you are unable to make one of the days, you will be sent the relevant notes).
A seminar organized by The White Crane Academy of CHM.
As practitioners, we often prescribe herbs based on empirical and traditional knowledge, but how many of us understand the pharmacological mechanisms and effects of the herbs we’re prescribing?
It is really important for us:
– To know the primary and secondary plant substances that underpin the therapeutic action of herbs.
– To be able to explain herb actions and the underlying plant biochemistry in terms of modern pharmacology.
– To understand how herbs are metabolised and appreciate how this influences how plants work, their potential side effects, and how they may interact with conventional pharmaceuticals.
– To understand the mode of action of schedule 20 and restricted herbs.
– To be able to evaluate chemical identification and separation techniques such as chromatography.